- Adult Immunizations – Bethel Medical Center offers all vaccines approved in the USA for adults as recommended by the CDC.
- Cardiac Evaluations – We offer Cardiovascular screening, which measures many of the functions of the cardiovascular system in order to determine if cardiovascular disease is present and also to evaluate risk factors that can contribute to cardiovascular health problems such as stroke or heart attack.
- Chronic Disease Care– Chronic diseases and conditions—such as heart disease, stroke, cancer, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and arthritis—are among the most common, costly, and preventable of all health problems. Half of all American adults have at least one chronic condition, and almost one of three have multiple chronic conditions. At Bethel Medical Center, our office strives to improve the quality of life for patients living with a chronic condition. This service includes correctly diagnosing conditions and providing appropriate treatments and therapies.
- Diabetes and Hypertension Management – Our goal is to identify patients with diabetes and hypertension and provide them with the care and resources they need in one convenient location. We focus on the patient’s medical and social needs. Services include medical care; patient education on managing medications and living and coping with chronic disease; nutrition counseling; foot, skin and eye care; information about community resources; and follow-up care.
- DOT/School/Sports/Employment Physicals
- *Whether you are an employer or an employee hoping to obtain your CDL (Commercial Driver’s License), it is important that you know the steps and requirements for obtaining one. One of the biggest parts involved in CDL acquisition is going through a DOT physical. DOT physicals must be performed by a Medical Examiner who is certified and listed on the National Registry.
- *School physicals are a way to protect their entire student population. Knowing that the students are up to date on vaccinations and generally healthy helps prevent outbreaks from occurring among the students.
- *Sports physicals are important for determining if your body is healthy enough to take part in a sport activity. Not only can an exam help you play to your best ability, but it can also help prevent injuries. Your doctor may also be able to provide you with tips to help you become a better athlete.
- *Employment Physical Exams help determine if you are medically and physically able to perform your role. These exams compare your health with the expected demands of your job to make sure you are a fit to do the job. Our medical providers will review your medical and occupational history in addition to doing a thorough physical examination.
- Flu Shots – We encourage all patients to receive an annual flu shot. We offer the flu vaccine which provides protection against the seasonal (beginning from October to March) flu including H1N1.
- Lab Testing – Bethel Medical Center offers a variety of laboratory services on site. Most lab tests can be done at your appointment.
- Men’s Health – Medical care specific to health concerns of men such as erectile dysfunction, prostate related conditions, and low testosterone level.
- Personal Injuries
- Preventative and Wellness Care – Preventive care and Wellness care includes services aimed at screening for disease and identifying potential warning signs as early as possible. Based on the results of those screening tests and evaluations, you and your healthcare provider can develop a comprehensive plan of care aimed at preventing disease and maintaining optimal health.
- Routine Physical Exams – During the physical exam, your height and weight will be measured and your blood pressure will be taken. Your doctor will listen to your lungs and your heart, feel your belly and look at your eyes, ears, nose and throat. He may take your pulse and your reflexes may be checked. In most cases, standard blood tests will be ordered to check for signs of disease like elevated blood sugar levels or elevated white blood cell levels which can indicate an infection is present. Also, a Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG) may be ordered for Cardiovascular screening, which measures many of the functions of the cardiovascular system in order to determine if cardiovascular disease is present and also to evaluate risk factors that can contribute to cardiovascular health problems. Regular physical exams are the best way to ensure your body is in the best shape possible, and they’re also critically important for identifying diseases in their earliest stages. Dr. Emmanuel Brown and Dr. Simeon Obeng provide comprehensive physical exams for patients in and round the Metropolitan area to help them maintain optimal health.
- Urgent Medical Care – Urgent care describes conditions that require immediate attention, but which are not life-threatening. For instance, if you have a sprained ankle, it needs medical care to reduce swelling and pain and to begin proper healing as quickly as possible, but it is not a life-threatening injury. Radiating chest pain, on the other hand, could signal a heart attack and would require emergency care. Urgent care doctors have the skills to help you get the care you need as quickly as possible without the need to go to a crowded, busy emergency room.
- Weight Management – Weight management services can help you learn how to make the healthy choices you need to make so you can lose weight and keep it off. Importantly, our weight loss management services are aimed at educating our patients so they feel confident about their eating and exercise habits, and providing the critical support they need to stay focused and on track, during and after weight loss. Plus, by helping you lose weight, a weight management program can help you prevent other serious diseases that are more common among people who are overweight and obese. We also work with a network of dietitians on a referral basis.
- Women’s Health – We focus on women’s health issues. Routine PAP smears and STD testing are offered.
- Workers Compensation Injuries – Our physicians and staff are committed to treating workers’ compensation patients and clients with the highest level of care and compassion. Our medical team provides you the best care for work related injuries.
About Our Center
Bethel Medical Center takes a comprehensive approach to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases in adults.
121 Congressional Lane Suite 510 Rockville, MD 20852
121 Congressional Lane Suite 510 Rockville, MD 20852